Giving Back to the Community
William P. Boznos Mentors Young Attorney
Boznos Law, P.C. is proud to announce that William P. Boznos will be participating and mentoring a newly admitted lawyer under the Lawyer Mentor Program in coordination with the Du Page County Bar Association. In an effort to improve the quality of legal services provided to the community and be more responsive to the needs of the profession’s future, the DuPage County Bar Association launched its Mentor Program in 1994. The DCBA is offering a new program as an approved administrator of the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism (ILSCCP) Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program. This program pairs new and less experienced attorneys with attorney mentors who have practiced law at least six years. It operates for a year.
What a New Lawyer will Gain from Mentoring
- Learning the nuances of legal practice from an experienced professional;
- Better connecting to the legal community at large through a mentor’s relationships and networks;
- A more effective transition from law student to practicing lawyer; and
- Development of the skills of civility, integrity, inclusion, and work/personal life balance.
What an Experienced Lawyer will Gain from Mentoring
- An appreciation and greater understanding of the technological innovations in the practice of law;
- A renewal of purpose and pride in the practice of law;
- The passing on of the highest aspirations of the legal profession to new attorneys.
William P. Boznos, the firm’s founder said “ This is a particularly rewarding way to give back, both to the legal community and the community at large. By taking the time to share both practical and legal knowledge with a newly admitted attorney, s/he will be better equipped to serve those needing legal advice. Too often young attorneys are thrown into the fray without proper training and this is a disservice to the clients they represent and the entire legal system. By teaching things that only come through years of experience, young attorneys can make a more immediate and meaningful impact on those they serve. For the older attorney, being kept abreast of the latest technological advances that young attorneys operate under is mutually beneficial, It is a ‘win/win’ scenario”.
Call Bill Boznos today at (630) 375-1958 or contact us at www.boznoslawoffice.com/contact-us through our website.